Written by Shirley Enebrad, author of Over the Rainbow Bridge: My son’s journey from here to Heaven, and Six-Word Lessons on Coping With Grief. Shirley is a Certified Grief Recovery Specialist whose son died from Leukemia. She is a cancer survivor and patient advocate.
Also written by Christine Hurley, author of Farkles and Giggles, the Heavenly Duo. Christine has a teenaged daughter, Brianna, who is a two-time cancer survivor. She loves nature, hiking, the Pacific Northwest and helping others.
Six-Word Lessons for Surviving a Devastating Diagnosis is organized into 10 easy-to-understand chapters:
1. Symptoms to Watch for and Why
2. You Get the Diagnosis, Now What?
3. Create Support for Your Entire Family
4. Know Your Treatment and Side Effects
5. Keep Family Drama Down, Spirits Up!
6. Finances, Fees, Forms, Fails and Fixes
7. You Must Strive to Stay Positive
8. Confront Conflicts Caused by Your Illness
9. Face Your Future and Ongoing Issues
10. What if Treatment Fails to Cure?
To see all the Six-Word Lessons books, or to find out about writing your own, go to 6WordLessons.com.