Not everyone can be an expert in communication, but everyone can avoid common missteps that create misunderstandings by using practical tools to be effective and influential. Whether attending a networking event, sending an email to a client, or discussing a sensitive topic at home, you can be confident and calm applying these lessons in all your interactions.
Written by Jenni Butz, a former high school French and English teacher. Jenni now facilitates and educates as MC or keynote speaker for groups of dozens or hundreds. Embracing her life’s mission to rid the world of the overuse and misplacement of apostrophes, Jenni employs her dynamic energy and honed communication skills as a speaker at retreats and corporate training events, helping individuals practice good communication for better understanding.
Jenni is also the author of Word Sparks: Active Meditations from God’s Word.
Six-Word Lessons for Effective Communication is organized into 6 easy-to-understand chapters:
1. Proactive Communication Skills: Moving Things Forward
2. Killing Me Softly: Wrecking Good Communication
3. Communicating Professionally: Making Good Impressions Last
4. Word Usage: Say What You Mean
5. When Things get Heated: Cooling Communication
6. Honor and Respect: Living it Out
To find more Six-Word Lessons books, or to write your own, go to 6WordLessons.com.